UK Expansion Work Visa

(Residency By Investment)

UK Expansion Work Visa

Employees and business owners from outside can enter the country to open a branch with the expansion worker visa. Once the candidate is in the UK, they can move to the permanent visa option known as the Skilled worker visa. With this visa, you can obtain a British passport and permanent status

There are two types of visas that provide a direct path to settlement:


Expansion worker visa: The expansion worker visa requires you to open a registered branch or subsidiary firm in the UK to establish the company’s first commercial presence inside the country.


Expansion or switching to a skilled worker visa: After the company has applied for an expansion worker visa license and been approved, the next stage is to apply for your expansion worker visa.

How to apply for a Worker Expansion Visa

Conditions for the parent organization:

  • The business must be registered outside of the UK and have been in operation for at least three years.
  • The company’s headquarters and main base must be located outside of the UK, and it cannot already have another representative, branch, or subsidiary there.
  • The company must not have any plans to stop doing business outside of the UK. As long as the parent company is still conducting business overseas, a successful branch or subsidiary that outperforms the foreign operation is permitted.

Employee requirements:

  • The individual must have been hired and kept on staff by the parent company for 12 months outside of the UK.
  • One may still apply if they haven’t had a job for a year as long as their income will be £73,900 when they get to the UK.
  • In the UK, the wage must be at least £42,400 unless the aforementioned exception applies.

  • One must hold a high position inside the organization. The Home Office would be expecting the power to decide crucial operational matters on behalf of the foreign company

To qualify for an Expansion/Switched to Skilled Worker Visa the company must have :

  • A Bank Account
  • Public Liability Insurance
  • Registered for Payroll Tax
  • A Registered Address or other Proof.
Need Help?