(Citizenship By Investment)
Turkey is both a European and an Asian country, having cultural ties to the ancient Greek, Persian, Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman empires. The Mediterranean Sea to the south, the Aegean Sea to the west, and the Black Sea to the north surround it on three sides.
Exploring Turkey is a delightful and rewarding experience, as you will learn about old customs, a rich culture, historical monuments, and locations and attractions that will make Turkey a lovely place to visit or live.
Turkey is quickly becoming a popular investment destination, owing in part to its:
- Ideal geographic location – it is a bridge between Europe, MENA and Asia.
- Stable economic growth – it is the 13th largest economy in the world.
- Developed infrastructure – it has a well-developed infrastructure in transportation, telecommunication and energy.
- History & culture – it is home to a rich culture and historical heritages
Turkey Citizenship Program & Benefits
Article 20 of the Regulation on the Implementation of the Turkish Nationality Law (“Regulation “) stipulating the exceptional cases on which Turkish nationality is obtained, was amended by the Presidential Decree No. 106 (“Decree “) which was published in the Official Gazette dated , September 19, 2018 and entered into force on the same date.
The Republic of Turkey welcomes foreign investors to apply for Turkey Citizenship by Investment Program. The program allows investors, their spouses, and dependent children up to 18 years of age to acquire citizenship under one single investment.
Qualified investors will be able to acquire citizenship within 6 months with no interview or residency requirements.
To qualify for citizenship, an applicant must invest a minimum of $250,000 in real estate in Turkey (one or more properties), to be held for only 3 years.
Turkey Investment Options
Foreigners who meet any of the following criteria may be eligible for Turkey Citizenship by Investment, subject to the decision of the President of the Republic of Türkiye:
- Made a minimum fixed capital investment of USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira, as attested by the Ministry of Industry and Technology
- Acquired a property worth a minimum of USD 250,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira with a title deed restriction on its resale for at least three years, as attested by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization
- Created jobs for at least 50 people, as attested by the Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services
- Deposited at least USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira in banks operating in Türkiye with the condition not to withdraw the same for at least three years, as attested by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency
- Bought at least USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira worth of government bonds with the condition that they cannot be sold for at least three years, as attested by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance
- Bought at least USD 500,000 or equivalent foreign currency or Turkish lira worth of real estate investment fund share or venture capital investment fund share with the condition that they cannot be sold for at least three years, as attested by the Capital Markets Board of Türkiye
Turkey Visa Free Countries and Power Rank
Mobility Score- 112
Visa on Arrival- 45
Visa Required- 86
Passport Power Rank- 41
World Reach- 56%
Population- 84, 339, 067