Greece Golden Visa
(Residency By Investment)
Greece Golden Visa
Residence by Investment Overview
The Greece Golden Visa Program is regarded as one of the most cost-effective Greece residency by investment in Europe. Within two months of applying, successful applicants and their families will have visa-free travel to Europe’s Schengen Area. Get the help from second passport agents in UAE to know the process.
Key advantages of the Greece Golden Visa Program
- Visa-free travel within Europe’s Schengen Area
- No requirement to reside in Greece
- Residence permits can be acquired within 30–60 days
- Unlimited expiry date of residence permit
- Opportunity to rent out the investment property
- Residence applicable to the whole family (married spouse, children under 21 years old, and parents of the main applicant and spouse)
- Eligibility to apply for citizenship after seven years of residence
- Ability to hold shares and receive income from the dividends of a company registered in Greece (but not to be employed in Greece)
Requirements of the Greece Golden Visa Program
The Greece Golden Visa Program is a residence by investment program launched in 2013 that enables non-EU nationals and their family members to obtain permanent residence permits in Greece. The residence permits may be renewed every five years.
The program’s qualifying options are:
Real estate options:
- An investment in real estate property with a minimum value of EUR 250,000, plus the applicable taxes
- A 10-year lease agreement for hotel accommodation or furnished tourist residences in tourist accommodation complexes (Article 8 of Law 4000/2001).
- A 10-year time-sharing agreement for hotel accommodation (Law 1652/1986).
- A capital contribution with a minimum value of EUR 400,000 to a company that has its registered office or establishment in Greece (with the exception of portfolio investment companies and real estate investment companies) for the acquisition of shares in a share capital increase or bonds that are, at the time of issue, admitted for trading on regulated markets or multilateral trading mechanisms that operate in Greece.
- A capital contribution with a minimum value of EUR 400,000 to a real estate investment company (Article 21 of Law 2778/1999) that will invest exclusively in Greece, for the acquisition of shares in a share capital increase.
- A capital contribution with a minimum value of EUR 400,000 to a closed-end investment company (Article 5 of Law 2367/1995) for the acquisition of shares or to a closed-end mutual fund (Article 7 of Law 2992/2002) for the acquisition of shares, provided that the aforementioned alternative investment institutions have the intention to invest exclusively in companies that have headquarters or establishments in Greece.
Shared, Bonds, and/or Government Bonds
- Purchase of Greek government bonds with a minimum acquisition value of EUR 400,000 and residual maturity of at least three years at the time of purchase, via a credit institution established in Greece, which will also act as the custodian of these bonds.
- Purchase of shares or corporate bonds with a minimum acquisition value of EUR 800,000, which are admitted for trading or are traded on regulated markets or multilateral trading mechanisms, operating in Greece.
- Purchase of units with a minimum value of EUR 400,000 of a mutual fund incorporated in Greece or another country and with the intention to invest exclusively in shares, corporate bonds, and/or Greek government bonds that are admitted for trading or are traded on regulated markets or multilateral trading mechanisms, operating in Greece.
- Purchase of units or shares with a minimum purchase value of EUR 400,000 of an alternative investment fund established in Greece or another country of the EU, which intends to exclusively invest in immovable property in Greece.
- Term deposit of a minimum value of EUR 400,000 to a domestic credit institution, for at least one year, with a standing order for renewal.